simple stuffing of canned artichoke hearts, spinach, roasted almonds, and savory Parmesan upgrades the usual chicken breast and turns this staple into a divine dinner.
TOTAL TIME: 0:25 PREP: 0:15
LEVEL: Easy SERVES: 4
YIELD: 4 servings (cost per serving of $1.25)
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- ½ c. chopped baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. chopped roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the artichokes, spinach, almonds, Parmesan, orange zest, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Stuff a quarter of the artichoke mixture into each breast. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.